Monday, January 21, 2008

In _____ we trust.

It takes a lot to blindly trust someone. It's either an act of incredible bravery...or stupidity. So much is on the line for me. I let it all hang out, heart on my sleeve. No matter how hard I fight it, I can't hide myself. The "real me" loves to peek her little head out at the most inconvenient times, but I've grown accustomed to it. Live your life the best way you know how. Sometimes that means you're opening the door for trouble, but anything worthwhile is worth at least a bit of struggle and strife. Anything meaningful must be earned. At what price? Steep, I'm sure. I'd wager a heart and a soul. Sounds about right.

If I look back, I can't complain about too much. I have two best friends that mean the world to me. For that alone I consider myself to be a wealthy woman. Hopefully I can reflect upon this in days to come and remember that it could always be worse.

No comments: