Friday, January 18, 2008

Just a spoonful of sugar..

This is pretty much my bajillionth attempt at writing. A poem, a blog, a journal...anything. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to keep up with it this time around. I need something to help keep my thoughts straight. Something to keep me grounded, and in a major way. With the coming of a new year I believe we all look back and wonder what we could have done differently. I can say, with confidence, that 2007 was a rough year for me and my loved ones. The ups and downs of life have taken me on a crazy ride, and I know it's far from over. I think of all the time that has passed and I mourn for the fact that it's naught but a memory - such fleeting, far-running memories. I need the proof. Proof that it happened, and that I lived through it. January is already in full swing and I'm hopeful. For what? For change, for growth, and for prosperity. So here I am, 2008. Please, be kind to me.

No comments: